Live & Breathe Mindfulness and Compassion
I’m a mindfulness practitioner and working mother of four; parent-carer to my youngest; part-time NHS health professional, step-mother, partner.….If you have ever wondered ‘How did I get here?’, have ever thought ‘I never asked for this’, ‘Stop! I want to get off’ or even ‘when can I just have 5 minutes peace?!’ You are not alone…
Like many people I first learned the value of practicing mindfulness and compassion when things went a bit wonky in my life. Juggling my various roles and responsibilities was often overwhelming and I sometimes lost sight of myself and my own needs in the service of others. Practicing mindfulness meditation helped me to make a kind space in my life to feel what I was feeling and respond wisely and kindly. My practice gave me a seat to explore the complex and fascinating experience of being human, and to grow into loving it more.
What began as a way of managing stress, soon became a way of travelling through life, as well as of making my living; teaching mindfulness and compassion to others. I began to ‘live and breathe’ mindfulness and compassion, and the adventure is still in full flow.
Don’t have time for this?
My practice has accompanied me for nearly two decades in the messy ground of work and family life, where there is never a dull moment. Mindfulness is always available and can be as easy as breathing. It’s bought confidence and courage. My practice has grown into a kind, responsive and creative process, which includes sitting meditation, movement/activity and stillness; alone and with others. Whilst initially cultivated ‘on the cushion’ in formal daily meditation; the qualities of mindfulness and compassion are breathed into everyday life.
Come and share the air; learning to Live and Breathe Mindfulness and Compassion!
I have integrated my personal practice with my experience and skills as a Psychological Health Professional and Occupational Therapist . I’ve been successfully teaching in the NHS since 2011 and have specialised in Mental Health Recovery and Pain Management. I am a BAMBA registered Mindfulness Teacher, Teacher Trainer and Supervisor and I’m trained in several Mindfulness Based Applications.
I enjoy working with a wide range of people from different backgrounds, and it’s important to me that my service is equitable and accessible to all who can benefit from it. I live in Dorset and would love to work with you face to face; but can also meet you ‘virtually’ anywhere.
- Post Graduate Diploma COT (Queen Margaret University, London) 2001
(Professional Occupational Therapy Qualification) HCPC and RCOT Registered
- Diploma in Counselling (University of Wales, Swansea) 1997
- Bsc. Hons. Psychology with Sociology (University of Surrey, Roehampton) 1994
Mindfulness Teaching Specialisms and Experience:
- Mindful Self-Compassion Trained Teacher (2021)
- Trauma Sensitive Mindfulness Practitioner- Advanced (Certified: David Treleavan 2020)
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Trained Teacher (2017)
- Mindfulness Based Supervision training with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP 2016)
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Health & Mindfulness for Stress- Accredited Teacher (2011) BAMBA Registered.
- I have extensive experience of delivering Mindfulness for Health courses in an NHS context with both groups and individuals experiencing persistent pain, fatigue and long-term conditions since 2013, integrating Mindful Self-Compassion from 2021.
- I have taught NHS staff groups the Mindfulness for Stress course as part of Staff Wellbeing and Breathworks Mindfulness in the Workplace initiative. Since 2020, I’ve adapted to working ‘virtually’, online.
- As a Breathworks Senior Trainer and Associate I have been involved in facilitating the Breathworks Mindfulness Teacher Training programme on residential retreat, modular and online formats, as well as being a Mentor to developing trainees. Prior to the pandemic, I regularly assisted Vidyamala Burch (OBE), Sona Fricker, and Gary Hennessey (Breathworks CIC founders) in leading mindfulness meditation retreats.
- I have a working knowledge of the MBCT and MBSR programs as well as training in other mindfulness based therapeutic approaches used in healthcare including ACT and CFT.